The Leaders of my House

The Leaders of my House
My husband is the single most important earthly relationship I have. I could not do without him.

Dunn Dunn Dunnnn!

Dunn Dunn Dunnnn!
The whole bunch of us. :)

Saturday, January 3, 2009

One grain of sand in a desert of sorrow.

Today, I was standing in front of a pizza place waiting for my ride, when a van pulled up and parked. It was filled with people. Obviously druggies. Now, I'm not one to judge people for the life they live. It is their life. They can do what they want. But this really bothered me. I felt very emotional and am deeply saddened by what I saw. The side door on the van opened and two ladies hopped out. Knowing that these women were probably only in their early to mid twenties, but looked as if they were in their early to mid forties. After they got out I looked in the van and saw three very young children, ages between 1 and no older than 4. Beautiful beautiful children. Blond hair with great big gentle blue eyes. There were four adults, all cracked out... no teeth, sunk in cheeks, twitching and jerking their heads about. My heart instantaneously broke for them. It felt as if I had a knot in my chest, I wanted so badly to do something, anything to help them, to make a difference in their lives. To some how protect them from the future that is destined to be theirs if something doesn't change. I was deeply grieved for them ... all of them, but mostly the children. I know they didn't choose that life. I know the adults didn't deliberately choose that life. And so what can we do for them? ....nothing. So now I hope that who ever comes across this blog, could find it in their hearts to pray for these people. That some day, before its too late for these children, these people will get the help they need, and if they can't choose their children over their drugs, that they would surrender them to a family who will. I know that this sort of thing is every where, that it is all over the world, that this one time that I have seen is just a sliver compared to the ocean of children in these types of circumstances. How can we as humans change the world? how can one person affect the entire world? its just not possible. So I pray for the one I have seen... isn't that all we can really do anyways? Maybe pray for an opportunity to make a difference in this great big world? and when that opportunity arises, we stand up and be used?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a sad situation. Prayer may be the best option in facing this epidemic. A call to prayer. My heart goes out to those children but also to the plight the adults have found themselves in.

    ReplyDelete